Sunday, January 4, 2009

Treasured Moments

It's not often I get to spend time with just one of my kids with no interruptions and feeling that there's 100 things looming over my shoulder that should be getting done, or that someone else is missing out.

Last night I got to hang with just Keira...just me and her. The rest of the family was all in bed...yes daddy too. I snuggled her up tight in her pretty pink fleece blanket and we cuddled on the couch while I watched a great girly movie on the Hallmark Channel. I love to just sit and watch her sleep. So quiet and still munching away on her Nuk...so cute how it covers half her face, squishing up and down.

I'm pretty sure all moms look down on their children and wonder the same things. Where will life take her, what will 0her personality be, what joys and tears will she bring us in the coming years. As I just sat and prayed over my sweet girl I think how special these times are but also how excited I am to see her grow up. I prayed that the Lord would give me the wisdom and guidance to raise her up to be a genuine woman led by Jesus in every step...not just when she wants to follow but to follow even when she doesn't. And also that we would have times just like these at every stage in life...That when she was 16 I was somebody worthy of her love and respect that she would still want to cuddle up with me on the couch. And even further down the road I would get to cuddle with her on the couch and watch her as she holds her own little one, feeling like I have taught her to best of my ability.

Times like these are ones that I try my very best to purpose to have and to always remember.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for making me cry Karen! I am glad I get to read your sweet thoughts!

Post a Comment