Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter Fun

Now that it's finally warm enough, the kids are outside playing. They were out yesterday from 12:45 until 3....and back out again today. I love love that I can just send them out alone check on them from time to time and know they are perfectly safe. After all...what could they get into on 10 acres of cornfield??

Today I peeked out my kitchen window at them. There is a little hill that they sled down. Yesterday Ava was having a tough time getting going. She would get all set up in her sled, this taking a long time in itself.

She would get her legs in and then forgot the string on the front of the sled, she would get out and grab it, then trip on it getting back in and then she would start sliding and then fall out and the whole process would start over again. And then she would thrust her head forwards and back over and over what seemed like 5 minutes...inching closer and closer to the go point where she would start sliding, by that point she would have scooted up in the sled too far and her legs would be hanging over the front of the sled and she would be doing a nose dive and then stop moving all together. Then out and start yet again at trying to get down the hill. Quaid would go down 2 or 3 times for her 1. So today I watched...Ava got all set up and then Quaid would come running and gave her a big push. Then he would jump in quick and meet her at the bottom. Then up to the top and again, she would get ready and Quaid would come running to give her a push again.

I LOVE watching my kids help eachother. It's so cute. (When they want to be...) They are so kind and thoughtful, looking for ways to help the other out and then all the big thank-yous and your welcomes come out...along with all the directions that I give them about sharing and helping

"God likes it when we share."

"I wouldn't like if someone took my toy so I won't take yours!"

"We need to take turns, I will wait patient for you to be done."

"I'm the big brother, I need to take care of you, I can help you with that!"

"I like when someone helps me, so I'll help you!"

I think they really just like to feel like little mothers, like they are in charge of someone, a sense of responsibility.

Whatever the reasons, I love it and could watch it all day long!!!

At least I know they're listening to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment