Saturday, January 24, 2009

How old am I??

Last night we had 7 of our youth kids over to have a sleepover...sleep being the operative word. When they all come that's not the main activity of the time they are here. As 10:00 hit, time to feed little miss...10:30 rolled around to bed she went. I was all ready to go to bed...at 10:30. I began to think back to the same point in my life. When I was 16, 17, 18...10:30 was barely the start of the night, as it was for these kids. And now, I could hardly keep my eyes open anticipating my comfy bed. I was up since 5:30 so I was ready for the end.

I heard random laughs and shouts of fun through the night...again thinking back to all the fun I had with my friends at this stage in life, meanwhile thinking about my 4 little ones who would be up and raring to go at 7am...Sleeping in till 10:00 am gone and motherhood would be calling. Nathan being a night person anyway, and able to sleep in later than me came creeping in at 3am. When 7:30 came my kids couldn't wait any longer to get up. I did my best to keep them quiet but I wasn't the one who made them stay up till 4am :)

Their favorite thing to do is wake them up by jumping, climbing, laughing (and the occasional cup of water over the head). I couldn't hold them back any longer when 9am came along....have at it they did. I love to watch them play with the teens, they have so much fun with that generation. I am thankful espeically for the few of them that come around often (Mr Michael, Miss Kelly, and Miss Kayla) that are awesome and love our kids. I love being able to teach my kids respect for those older than them, even though they're not quite adults. Our kids miss out on the teen to adult part of life in us, they will get to see it in these great people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment