Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A glorious happening....




















So we have a toy room for the kids and this is what it looked like. A TOTAL disaster. I gave up trying to make the kids clean it up. There's really no "place" for anything. When we did get after them to clean it up...they would just pushed everything from the middle of the room to the edges...making the room look semi clean. It was still just as disorganized, just in a different place.


I don't know if my kids are the only ones but when things are messy, they will not play with it. So since we've moved in they have been playing in the house and since there are no toys anywhere in the house except in this room they got into everything else they're not supposed to be playing with. Tough on them and tough on mom and dad. Their toy room was becoming a punishment. When we had had it with getting after them for messing with things are aren't toys we would banish them to the toy room...the would drop their heads and walk slowly into the toy dungeon.


Seriously...what kids sulk at the thought of going into a big room of toys??


So Nathan and I got to go to the very best store in the whole world...really it is.....(Nathan might not totally agree)


IKEA!!!! I love this store...I could go here weekly and always find something I "need to have" And of course the price no matter what it is always...always seems worth every penny. I've been drooling over a certain page in the IKEA catalog since long before our house was built..knowing this was going to solve all my toy room problems. And here is it....


A picture of beauty...I love to organize!!! And now the kids have no reason to not clean up.
YEAH!!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Want to come and do my toy room?!? This is great!

Post a Comment