Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quaid is becoming such a cool little man, it's amazing to see them develop their own thoughts. I am used to my kids responding to what happens, what they see or repeating what I tell them. Quaid is starting to come up with conversations all on his own and commenting on things on his own. Not such a little parrot anymore.

There have been many times when he knew he was about to be in trouble. We would find he's done something and we would call him to us. He would come running in with his arms wide open, press his head against me, "I love you mom." As if that would spare him from what's to come. A hug and those words are always welcome.

Lately he has been doing it all on his own for no reason at all. I've been in the kitchen cleaning away and he'll put down his toys come running up to me, give me a huge hug "I love you mom."

It makes everything else that is going on go away, make everything seem so small and insignificant. This past week he's done this at times when I have needed it the most. When I'm frustrated about something, when I'm tired, when listening the first time by my kids isn't going so well that day, when I'm just cranky for who knows what reason. That's when he comes running. It's as if he can sense that I just need a hug. I think to myself, "you're right Quaid, things are good, I've got no reason for complaining, change the attitude."

Thanks my young man, I need it. What a lucky wife he will have if he keeps this up :) I'll do my best to make sure he does!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment